Cris Worley Fine Arts, P/T Gallery Assistant
This is a part-time position providing direct support to Gallery Director and Assistant Director in the administration of the gallery. The ideal candidate will exhibit excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a strong sense of organization and initiative. This role requires a candidate capable of performing routine responsibilities, while responding to a variety of tasks as needed. Candidates must present and conduct themselves in a highly professional manner.
Examples of Duties:
- Creating, editing and/or uploading website content to reflect updates in exhibition schedule, new artworks, press and news links pertaining to represented artists
- Designing exhibition postcards and signage in Adobe InDesign
- Drafting press releases and responding to press inquiries
- Creating and scheduling email newsletters while maintaining and updating contacts in our digital mailing list
- Creating and planning social media outreach across multiple platforms, while recording analytical data
- Digital inventory management, to include database software, Gallery Manager, and online platforms such as Artsy.
- Physical inventory management, to include safely handling artworks while packing, shipping and receiving inventory
- Generating price lists, loan forms, invoices, etc as neededAssistance with gallery installations, openings, events, and private client viewings
- Welcoming visitors and responding to inquiries from clients, galleries, organizations, etc.
- And any other gallery related tasks as needed.
- Ability to self-start, multi-task, prioritize and switch gears in a flexible and accommodating manner
- Degree majoring in Art History, Studio Art, Graphic Design, Marketing or related field
- Experience using Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience with Gsuite, Google Docs, and similar Google products
- Experience with Sketchup
- Experience using Photoshop and InDesign and Illustrator
- Experience using inventory software and website management
Availability to work 3-4 days a week (Tuesday – Saturday) and scheduled evening events
Prior office administrative experience is preferred
To apply for this position, please submit a single page resume, and a separate cover letter of desired expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please have references available upon request.